giselleco

Xpresso Reads

Reading is my drug. I love to get lost in a great book to escape into worlds that are usually much cooler than mine! >.<

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Beautiful and the Cursed
If I Were You (Inside Out Trilogy, #1)
Lisa Renee Jones
As The World Dies Untold Tales Volume 3
Rhiannon Frater

Shadow Hills

Shadow Hills - Anastasia Hopcus From the beginning I was hooked, and this rarely happens when I start a book. The mystery really pulled me in. It was a very unique paranormal story. It was refreshing to read one without Vampires or Werewolves. I just found out mid-way through that it was Hopcus's debut novel, I would have never guessed. She's obviously a wonderful writer.I loved all of the characters. They were easy to like, or fun to dislike in some cases. Phe and Zach had great chemistry, their relationship feels real and powerful, but not overwhelming. It wasn't what was guiding the story neither. It was, overall, a good book with an enticing story. I will admit that halfway through I was starting to get a little bored, but just then the story got real interesting and intense really fast, and stayed that way until the end. The book had a lot of mystery and Hopcus balanced it well; you wanted to know more and she keeps us guessing, but she doesn't drag it out. The ending was satisfactory and everything was answered. Although it wasn't an "I would have never guessed it" plot, it wasn't too predictable either. There could definitely be more books coming to make a series out of it.