giselleco

Xpresso Reads

Reading is my drug. I love to get lost in a great book to escape into worlds that are usually much cooler than mine! >.<

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Beautiful and the Cursed
If I Were You (Inside Out Trilogy, #1)
Lisa Renee Jones
As The World Dies Untold Tales Volume 3
Rhiannon Frater

Frostbite: Vampire Academy #2: Frostbite Bk. 2

Frostbite - Richelle Mead I liked this 2nd installment much better than the first. The story is already established, you know who's who, you know the lore, so none of that introduction gets in the way. The action starts right away so you get to jump right in. The character development was great, I found Rose grew up a lot in this book, but who wouldn't with what she goes through. I love the chemistry between her and Dimitri. I'm really enjoying some of the other characters as well, especially Adrian who is introduced in this book. Christian is also growing on me. But Lissa is still a bit boring. I don't know exactly why. I'm just glad she's not the narrator.The ending was a bit harsh. It was sad. Gloomy. But I think necessary. It can't all be Happily every afters right? I don't like to put spoilers in my reviews so that's all I will say about it. The only complain I have are the recaps for the ones who haven't read, or forgotten, the 1st book. They were a bit drawn out and boring for those of us who have read the first not too long ago. Mead gives us a real creative world, with genuine characters and story-lines that are well written and believable (in their vampire world I mean).